[Cross-posted from Lean North East]
I’m so glad and grateful to be able to blog about the initial meeting of Lean North East – and also be able to say that Leancamp’s Rob Fitzpatrick presented to the group at the old Post Office in Newcastle’s Pink Lane.
This post gives some description of the recent event, along with video of Rob’s talk (in three parts); photos of the
Big props and thanks go to a number of people:
- Our own Emma Robinson, who ‘produced’ the event and created the impetus
- Paul Smith, wearing his Ignite100 hat, who brokered the introduction to Rob
- Paul Lancaster, supporter of entrepreneurs and enterprise, and who helped us with the venue.
One reflection is that we used the old Post Office immediately after PHPNE, and perhaps there is further scope for an event where many of the user groups in the North East inter-operate?
Super big shout out to both Ignite100 and Sunderland Software City for sponsoring the evening. Many thanks to them for making the evening possible, and keeping everyone alert and attentive through the supply of pizza nom nom!
Any problems with the video showing, these are our videos on Vimeo.
Rob’s deck from this talk should appear below (tech willing) or on Slideshare here if the tech is weak!
Some snapshots to give a flavour of the evening.
Feedback from Twitter via the #leannortheast hashtag.
What would you like?
Please also check out our presence on UserVoice – which I’ve set up to find out what you’re interested in, and what you’d like to get more of.
Bring Leancamp to Newcastle
Thanks very much for your support – Justin
- 3rd video re-uploaded to Vimeo :-)
- Section recognising our generous sponsors
- Rob’s slides posted
- Changed ‘Next Event’ section now that Philip has posted his idea :-)