As I mentioned in my opening post of this series, Gino at Fat Frog has done a great job with the new look for Souter Consulting.
It’s been an interactive exercise, and I believe we’ve both enjoyed the experience, and I feel it’s delivered the goods
Gino has a passion for typefaces – witness his personal website (e.g. Leaf) – so I was thrilled when he composed one specifically for SCL.
What is represents
Building on the thoughts I posted about a few months back, my reflections about the logo and related graphics are:
- The logo makes me think of the Windows mystify screensaver but in a good way!
- There’s a sense of motion, but within a defined space
- Gino has created the typeface specifically for Souter Consulting, which works well – think “technology, but with rounded edges”[!]
- In terms of the background image on the site (below), it also reminds me of how a prism splits sunlight, and I think this captures that there are difference facets to what SCL does – and in reverse the colours of the rainbow come together to form a whole
- I like the fact that it’s bright and cheery, and pretty bold
- I hope it inspires the same sort of subconscious ideas in you – so would be fascinated to hear what you think ;-D
As well as the website, I’m updating:
- Twitter account
- MS Office – Word & PowerPoint templates
- Business cards – via Moo
- E-mails – not sure about using the typeface on my e-mails, but thinking about using the logo in the signature
- E-mail newsletter – via Mailchimp: if you’re interested, you can sign up here for what will initially be a quarterly outing
Please let us know what you think in the comments. Thank you!