This post is the first in a series about how I’m re-booting Souter Consulting Limited.
The posts in this series hopefully show at the top right when you read this – automagically!
Relaunching the business
I’ve recently had a couple of meetings where the feedback has caused me to think about how SCL presents itself.
- The tremendous Di Gates suggested the “Business improvement through technology” tagline, which well-describes what SCL is all about – i.e. the business improvement coming *before* the technology.
- The perspicacious Stefan K. Lepkowski of Karol Marketing was kind enough to point out that Souter Consulting needs to deliver a ‘whole product‘ and I hope the updated contents of the website take a big stride in that direction.
That said, I’m taking the opportunity to re-launch Souter Consulting not only in terms of image but, more importantly, substance.
So, the point of this is to make it easier for customers and stakeholders to understand:
- What Souter Consulting does
- How SCL can help & what value we bring
- What we think and what we’ve done
- How to work with us
Much wider set of service offerings
Many will know Souter Consulting as a player in the social media consultancy space. However, my roots in helping people share information and my track record with Fujitsu Services have caused me to define two more areas where I can help customers:
- Product explanation – configuring information and knowledge sharing tools so they work as customers want them to; this also includes an on-ramp offering to Cloud computing (but from a business perspective)
- Service exploitation – helping managing the business change alongside the tech implementation, and mentoring management about the possibilities of IT
We hope these will provide food for thought in terms of getting more out of your tech investments – so please contact us.
I was lucky enough to get funding from the NEEIC to support a new brand for Souter Consulting.
It’s taken a bit of time to crack the technical bits of the site, but a big shout to Gino di Meo of Fat Frog Design for the new typeface and visual styling of the site and the related graphics – I’m thrilled. :-D
The website has been re-launched, with vastly better look & feel -incorporating the new branding – and with lots of updated & new content. I’m aiming to publish future posts on both the website itself, and the branding journey.
Hopefully you will find the website easier on the eye, and easier to find what you’re looking for, so I’d love to hear what you think of it.
Please leave a comment below – hopefully some constructive criticism, ideas, praise, whatever! :-)
I’ve put a lot of effort trying to sort out the look-and-feel, but more importantly the content of the site, and a lot of thought has gone into the service offerings.
Consequently the blogging has effectively been ‘crowded out’ whilst I recast the company and the site – hopefully these posts mean I’m catching up on myself! ;-)
Please sign up to receive what will initially be a quarterly e-mail newsletter. You can also follow us via:
Thanks for reading, taking an interest in Souter Consulting, and I look forward to hearing from you! :-D