- Proposed by RMT, to present at DFK UK & Ireland Annual Conference.
- This year, it was held in Troon, right next to the golf course.
- Schoolboy error on my part meant that I forgot to pack my clubs and go up early enough to get a round in – doh!
- The presentation I put together was / is called ‘an Introduction to Social Media’
- Dennis Howlett, Jon Bradford and others (e.g. Phil Richards) gave constructive advice
- Also thanks to Emily Coltman and Katy McCarthy of Chantrey Vellacott DFK.
a major international association of independent accounting firms and business advisers that has been meeting the needs of clients with interests in more than one country for 45 years. The association now has over 300 offices across the world.
DFK International creates special value for clients with cross-border interests. DFK member firms enjoy effective cooperation throughout the world resulting in the ability to deliver international services on time and at a competitive cost.
Fascinating to find out that I should be speaking at an event for a far-flung business networking organisation!
The Burns Supper
I thought it might be a good idea to go up the night before – there was a set-piece Burns Supper with haggis. Our table had a great vibe, but not enough grub: maybe we were just being greedy [shurely not! – Ed.]
Anyway, we had fine food, and speeches by:
Followed the traditional form of Burns Suppers
Video of Rab Tait
All in all, a very enjoyable evening, with good company on our table of Scott from Glasgow, Shane from Dublin, and Paul & Nick from London I believe.
- Some people were holding their heads in their hands, and I wasn’t sure whether this was because of
- the content
- my delivery, or
- they had had a very enjoyable evening!
This is the deck I delivered:
I made a recording of my presentation, which is of better quality than the screenshot below. You can be your own judge of how informative it was… n.b. it’s probably 55 minutes, so if you’ve watched it all the way through – I’d love your feedback. Thanks!
Anyway, feel free to whack whatever comments you might have below.