Overall, I thought Herb & the Team did an amazing job. I met loads of great people and learned some fascinating new things.
I loved the mixture of sessions, music, and networking. I loved being inside whilst the rain lashed down outside, and not having to worry about it.
I loved the fact that Thinking Digital was a major success for the Region, and it’ll be bigger and better next year. W00t!
The following is a bit of a brain dump, so take with an appropriate pinch of salt.
- Chandler Burr – both at dinner & in session
- Meeting Matt Mason – I love his book and ideas
- There were many others btw
- Seeing so many other North Easterners there
- Also meeting people at drinks before, breakfast session
- The fact that it happened in the North east
- Great feedback from those I spoke with – didn’t have to coach anyone, they were really positive
- Swapping lots of business cards
- I will probably be sending the ones I collected to Cloud Contacts for scanning
- It’s then pretty straightforward to import them into Outlook (etc.)
- Staying with my parents (who live in central Newcastle)
- Also the fact I was part of it in advance (helping with Social Media etc.) and I felt I had a role introducing people / making the conference a success. :-D
- There are others, but I want to post this :-s
A concern about Dan Lyons being a bit ‘ambushed’ by what he said on the Wednesday.
- Maybe he was a bit naive or showing off
- But perhaps it is worthwhile in future to make sure people know if / when they are going to be quoted
- Would “Chatham House Rule” be, again, naive – given everyone blogs & tweets etc.?
- Perhaps worthwhile introducing some more speed networking
- Not long enough [steady! – Ed.]
- It was great being at SXSW for 6 days
- But many can’t spare the time out of the office
- The AV in the Live Lounge was patchy; there needs to be someone on hand to get (and keep) it sorted
Um, so that’s it for now. Please let me know if I’ve left anything out, dissed anyone / thing. I’ve published a number of posts here and on Wellbanked recently, so editorial sense is suffering… :-(
UPDATE: Thinking Digital networking
Dodgy photo of me on the right… ;-)
Photo credit to thinkingdigital