I thought I should post before the conference about what I’ve been up to in connection with Thinking Digital (TDC), and how you can follow proceedings through the SCL website.
- I have been advising TDC on Social Media strategy
- Working with the conference producer, and PR chief to explain the possibilities of Web 2.0 and its role in the conference
- Bring experience of using Web 2.0 in a full-scale conference environment (i.e. SXSW) to bear on TDC planning, including panellists
- Mentoring Herb Kim and Lewis Harrison
- Validation of existing setup, e.g. YouTube, and Flickr and creating awareness of other possibilities.
- Misc, e.g. advice on the use of
Lewis Harrison of Codeworks, organisers of Thinking Digital, said:
"Justin has been tremendous in helping us to get to grips with the range of social media tools out there – and how to use them in the right way. He’s knowledgeable, friendly and conscientious, regularly considering and making us aware of issues the conference might face well ahead of time.
"He’s also proven more than adept beyond the virtual world – building relationships with several people at SXSW who definitely fell into the ‘hard to reach’ category!"
South by South West
- I was lucky enough to attend South by South West (SXSW) as TDC Ambassador
- Travelled to Texas and brought back contacts for future Thinking Digital and GameHorizon conferences
- You might well have seen my earlier posts about this, so I don’t need to say much more! ;-)
- I intend to cover as much of the conference as I can, using Cover It Live
- Check out this post for more information
- I have used it for
- This works rather like an instant messaging session – I tend to type an entry per key point
You can follow proceedings by visiting the blog posts I will create for the sessions I attend
- These should go live at the beginning of each session.