I’ve been asked to act as an Ambassador for the 2009 Thinking Digital conference.
What this means is that I get a Press Pass for helping promote Thinking Digital. I also intend to use Social Media as an experiment to cover my feedback, probably through CoveritLive via my blog, and Twitter etc..
“What is Thinking Digital?” I hear you ask. So, assuming most of you have broadband, hopefully you’ll be able to check out this out for yourself:
Otherwise, there is more video here.
I see this as a win all round. North East England gets some great PR, widely-quoted pundits get to find out that Newcastle “isn’t as far from London as I thought”, and we bask in the reflected glory as a result.
Closer to home, I get to do some mega networking, big up SCL, and get to offer my friends and colleagues a special rate for entry. Yes, contact us for details about how to save money.
Details from Maxeen, #TDC Producer:
- Thinking Digital takes place from 2pm, Wed, 13 May until Friday evening, 15 May.
- Pre-conference activities taking place Wednesday, 13 May from 2pm into the evening.
- The main conference is on Thursday & Friday 14 & 15 May 2009 all-day at the Sage Gateshead
- The current price is £299+vat. Codeworks Connect Members and past delegates receive a discounted price of £249+vat which is activated only with a promotion code.
- The price includes drinks & canapes on Wed night; lunch & dinner on Thurs night; lunch on Fri and drinks & snacks at the Friday closing party